Information about the virus itself and how to prevent it spreading can be found here:
The latest from Scottish Golf about COVID-19 can be found here:
COVID-19 Protocol for Safe Golf – Play Safe to Stay Safe Procedures
It is imperative that members, visitors and guests adhere to the following procedures as the Scottish Government continues to monitor the situation closely and has not ruled out the reintroduction of restrictions, which could see golf suspended once again if public health measures dictate, or if the guidelines are not followed.
Be advised that these Procedures are subject to change, and you will be notified of updates when available.
In advance of play
- If you are ill, in self isolation, have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been abroad in the past 14 days then please stay at home.
- If you are in the highest risk (shielding) group outlined by the Government, then you can now play with up to one other household.
- Groups of up to two golfers with restrictions on two households represented provided everyone adheres to the Government’s physical distancing rules – stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people at all times.
- Book a tee time – the Club is required to maintain an accurate record of tee times and contact details of members, guests and visitors who played the course. The records have to be kept for a period of six weeks in the event that contact tracing is required. When members are using the online booking system and adding a member guest, please do not use the default button to enter guest’s details as we require name and contact details.
Note: Guest and Visitor Fees must book using the Scottish Golf App, as cash handling is not permitted.
We thank you for your co-operation with this.
- Golfers should arrive on their own, or with a member of the same household.
- Aim to arrive at the Club no more than 15 minutes prior to play
- Park your car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing – stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people at all times.
- Change your shoes in the car park.
In addition, the following guidelines should be observed
- Use toilet facilities at home before you leave as Clubhouse, locker rooms and toilets will be closed.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course and use regularly during the round.
- Bring your own hydration/food to the course.
- Ensure you have enough golf balls, tees etc. as the facilities at the Golf Club will be closed.
On the course:
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time
- Always observe social distancing rules on the course – the 2 meter rule applies to all settings.
- With no rakes allowed on the course, golfers to make their very best efforts to smooth the sand using their club and/or their feet. However, rakes are available in the Annexe for members to take out on the course. Hand sanitiser and wipes are also available in the Annexe for cleaning rake handles when in use by members.
- Do not touch the bell – Use something appropriate from your golf bag to ring the bell (eg putter).
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole. There is a device attached to the flag which can be raised by using your putter to allow the ball to be raised from the hole.
- Do not use on-course water fountains, ball cleaners etc.
- Do not share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing area until all members of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing area.
- Do not shake hands at end of round.
After your round:
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave. Locker rooms are not permitted to be open.
- Members who develop post round COVID-19 related health issues must inform the Golf Club by email at the earliest opportunity.
- The Practice area will be open for play.
- Please only use your own golf balls and maintain social distancing at all times.
- The Putting area will be open for play, it is suggested that a tee be used to indicate the hole.
Clubhouse, Locker rooms and toilets will remain closed until further notice.